Saturday, August 15, 2009

Simlieb World Tour 2009

We're off - in the next 9 months we'll be traveling around the world!

We'll begin by driving west from our beloved home in Madison through the Rockies on our way to Alaska. After we hike about for a while we'll take a ferry to Vancouver Island, BC and briefly visit in Seattle and the Big O before we head to the Big Island, Hawaii in early October. Rich will then take a side trip to scenic Tulsa, OK to be a veterinarian at a conference for a week before the world touring truly begins.

Detailed plans are still in the works, but as of now we're planning to visit southern Africa from about Nov - Jan, southeast Asia from Feb - March, with a grande finale in Australia and New Zealand before returning home in May.

We'll post as often as we can (and are inspired) and hope you'll enjoy hearing about our travels.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you guys get to do something like this! I'll be waiting for each blog entry to see where you are and what's happening!! Have fun!

    Jenni and Chris Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting! Someday I plan on not being on call every day of the week, this will allow me time to see other parts of the world I imagine! Can't wait to live vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. I can't wait to hear the stories and see the pictures! You guys are awesome. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete